Scholarship Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in the ANC Scholarship Fund Program.
The ANC Scholarship Fund Program seeks to provide financial support to Korean-American undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, financial needs, and humble dedication to God’s ministry. The applicant’s future plans and vision, in addition to his/her community activities and charitable spirit as presented in the application packet are also considered in conferment of the scholarship.
Due to the limited fund, students who have already received the ANCSF scholarship twice in the past are not eligible to receive another ANCSF scholarship, and therefore should not apply.
All recipients will receive an email notification of the final decision on October 16, 2020 to November 7, 2020. Please do not contact us before these dates for approval verification.
** PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY **
Please email us following documents.
1. Acceptance letter from the University (if you are going to be a freshman in 2020)
2. A copy of the most recent transcript (you may take a cell phone picture of your transcript or scan it)
3. A copy of your current student ID
4. One or two letter(s) of recommendation (Optional).
5. A brief explanation of current Financial Circumstance
6. Two essays
1a: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? OR
1b: Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
Essay 2: What does this scholarship mean to you personally? What are your reasons for applying for this scholarship? What makes this scholarship special and distinct from other scholarships you are (have, may be, will have been) applying for?
7. Parent's Latest Tax Return (Recommended).
Award ceremony will take place at 5 P.M. on December 27, 2020 at ANC room M800.
Application Period: July 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020 (11:59 PM PST)
You may apply for a single category in the following:
1. Entering or continuing full-time undergraduate student at a fully accredited 2-year junior college or 4-year college/university for the academic year 2020-2021.
2. Entering or continuing full-time graduate student (Master/Ph.D./Professional) for the AY 2020-2021.
3. A member of clergy family (missionary or pastor’s kid) OR a seminary student with one of the above credentials.
The following minimum GPAs are recommended for applicants:
Entering Undergraduate Program: Unweighted High School GPA of 3.5 or above;
Continuing Undergraduate Program: Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above;
Entering Graduate Program (Masters/Ph.D./Professional): Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above; and
Continuing Graduate Program: Graduate GPA of 3.5 or above.
We will accept application via email ONLY.